The Sports Department has a news and information page.
Massey High School's reputation has been greatly enhanced over the years by its successful participation in a wide variety of sports including:
In recent years we have had many national representatives, who have won national titles and have been acknowledged by the Auckland Secondary Sports' Association in their annual awards ceremony. The school has established a high quality Sports Academy. The academy provides support to help selected athletes to excel in both their academic and sporting pursuits.
In accepting the challenge of "Seek the Heights", academy participants will adopt roles as leaders giving them opportunities for success in the future. The Academy is available to all students from years 9 to 13 in any sport as it focuses on the needs of individuals.
The school's commitment to participation in sport presents opportunities for close involvement with parents and the wider community.
What is the Sports Academy about?
- Sports Conditioning
- Physical Development
- Elite Athlete Development
- Establishing Good Discipline
- Understanding Sport as a Science
Who is involved?
- Led by qualified passionate staff
- Experienced Community Coaches
- Supported by the Principal and Board of Trustees
How do the classes work?
- Juniors: 3 classes per week: 2 practical sessions and 1 Theory
- Seniors: 4 classes per week: 2 practical sessions and 2 Theory
- Compulsory: 7:00am sports conditioning sessions, 2 to 3 classes per week
Where does it happen?
- Rugby & Soccer fields
- Indoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Weights Training Room
- Movement Studio
- Astro-turf Multi-Court
- Cricket Nets
- Sports Pavilion
- New Classrooms
How do I join?
- Nominations from Primary Schools
- Application forms available at Massey High School
- Practical Assessments