Massey High School
COVID-19 Update - Move to Alert Level 3
Show More Information
Important Student & Parent Information
Bus Information can be found here
Please inform the school office immediately if your contact details change. An update details form can be collected from the Front Office.
If a student becomes sick during the day they must go to the nurse and she will decide if a parent needs to be contacted to come and take the child home.
Some students decide for themselves that they need to go home sick and phone parents directly, asking to be collected. This is unsatisfactory and makes it very difficult for the school to keep a track of students’ whereabouts during the day, which we must do for their health and safety, if they have left the premises without following the correct procedure.
We ask parents to assist us in having their child follow the correct procedures regarding sickness at school.
Please ensure that all property is clearly named. Any property that is found will be handed to our Lost Property Office which is located between H1 & H2. This Office is open from 1.30pm until 2pm each day.
Massey High School does not have designated visitor caparking. Should you visit the school, during school hours, the only parking available is in the bus bay at the front of the BRPAC. This area must however, be cleared by 2.00pm each day. All visitors must report and sign in at the school office where they will be issued with a visitor’s badge. Visitors must make prior arrangements with classroom teachers.
School commences at 8.45am daily and concludes at 3.10pm.
Massey High School runs a five day timetable (Monday to Friday) over a two week cycle of 10 days. The two weeks are divided into Week A and Week B. There are five periods per day, all one hour in length. Directly following Period Two, there is a compulsory 20 minute Tutor (Form) Period.
Senior students have identical timetables for both weeks.
Junior students alter slightly each week to incorporate an equal balance of Health and Physical Education.
Regular School Day Timetable
| || |
|8:40am||Hui Arotahi Begins|
|9.00am||Period One Begins|
|10:00am||Period Two Begins|
|11:20am||Period Three Begins|
|12:20pm||Period Four Begins|
|1.15pm||Lunch Break Begins|
|2.00pm||Period Five Begins|
|2.55pm||Tutor Time or Assembly Begins|
Keeping Active Challenge
- Recent News
- Keeping Active Challenge
Join the College Sport Auckland Keeping Active Challenge.
This is a participation-based competition to help students and staff keep active, stay connected, and engage in some friendly competition between schools while we are in lockdown.
The Keeping Active Challenge will run from Monday 30 August – Friday 6 September. Each day we will post a daily challenge for you to complete to contribute to your school’s points total. You will need to upload proof of you completing the challenge by uploading a photo or video with each entry. Note, all challenges must be completed at home while we are in Alert Level 4.
We will update the school leader board regularly and announce the final placings on Tuesday 7 September.
So get moving, contact your school friends to get them involved, submit your entries via the link below and tag us on Instagram @collegesportauckland #CSAkeepingactive
Submit your entries here: https://aspirae.wufoo.com/forms/csa-keeping-active-lockdown-challenge/
- All entrants participate at their own risk and agree to complete daily challenges as safely as possible and strictly adhere to all Government regulations.
- All daily challenges must be complete at home (either inside or in your front/back yard) and within your bubble.
- Challenges must be submitted between Monday 30 August – Friday 3 September. Each entry must be recorded the same day as that day’s daily challenge and submitted before midnight.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person per day.
- Each entry must include a photo or video of the challenge being completed.
- Total points for each school will be divided by the school roll number (based on the Ministry of Education data).
- All entrants must be either a year 7 - 13 student at a College Sport Auckland member school, or a staff member who is currently employed by a College Sport Auckland member school.
Share this article: