The Massey Lesson
The Massey Lesson - Teaching and Learning - Massey High School
The Massey Lesson is made up of 5 parts:
- Entry: Students line up (where appropriate), formal entry and greeting.
- Lesson Start: Title, date, Learning Objective and Do Now.
- Lesson Outcomes: Clearly shared with students at the start of a topic or a lesson.
- Review: Peer or self-review to check understanding.
- Exit: Students stand and wait to be dismissed.
This has been developed from the great work seen across the school during Learning Walks.
Consistency across curriculum areas is highly important. Staff and students know there will be a clear routine to each lesson.
New teachers will not have to ‘re-invent the wheel’, as a lesson structure is available to them and used by all.
Students will develop positive learning habits.