Massey High School is seeking to employ a dedicated, adaptable, and passionate person to join our support staff and work as a non-teaching Dean, assisting our young men and women achieve to their potential and work productively in school.
This is a great opportunity for a supportive person to join the pastoral team at Massey High School.
We are seeking a responsible and approachable individual who will offer essential support to the Deans on all student/parent issues within a specified group of students from Year 9 to Year 13.
You will be well organised and have high expectations of attendance, behaviour, attainment, and dress of all students. You will enjoy working with young people and be passionate about motivating students to achieve the best outcomes possible.
* Identify problems, generate solutions and make decisions
* Work as part of a school team
* Effectively manage own workload
* Able to work effectively with families and other stakeholders
* Keeping and maintaining accurate records
* IT literate
* Be self-motivated and work productively with minimal supervision
* Recent experience working with Youth and their Whanau
* Is able to identify risk and make sound decisions leading to positive outcomes
* Is able to supervise and lead Youth activities and Holiday programs
* Experience working in schools with youth preferred.
* Social Work Degree or Youth Work Degree is desirable but not required
* Training in Restorative Practice is desirable
* Current First Aid
* Full Drivers Licence"
To apply for this position please complete the Application Pack and once completed return to Elaine Curtis, Principal's P.A. via email: email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Description.