TEACHER AIDES - FIXED TERM, PART TIME
Massey High School are looking to employ two part-time Teacher Aides. Both positions are fixed term and are aimed at specific projects.
To work on a special project. As a result of Covid this project will seek to increase attainment through engagement and attendance with identified at risk students.The one-off funded project involves enhancing literacy and numeracy skills of students in a class setting on a 1:1 or small group situation and will begin on 17 October 2022 (or earlier if available) and end on 2 December 2022Hours 9am to 3pm term time only.
To work on a special project to raise achievement for identified students who have fallen behind during the recent Covid restrictions, these students are at risk of not reaching their potential and qualifications needed to enter the workforce.
This project will begin on 17 October 2022 (or earlier if available) and end on 2 December 2022Hours 9am to 3pm term time only
Applications close on Friday 16 September.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Elaine Curtis, Principal’s P.A.
Massey High School, 274 Don Buck Road, Massey, Auckland 0614 or via Email: [email protected]
Administrator and PA to Trades Academy Leadership
Massey High School is a co-educational secondary school, serving 1600 students ranging from Year 9 to Year 13. Administered within Massey High School the Auckland West Vocational Academy offers a variety of different vocational academy programmes such as Automotive, Building, Carpentry, Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism.
We are therefore seeking an experienced person to handle the many varied administrative tasks associated with the various academy programmes. Regular responsibilities will include:
- Record-keeping and ordering of materials for 4-5 house builds
- Locating and allocating student work placements, including all documentation relating to that.
- Organising student placements in short courses.
- Transporting students to offsite courses and some placements.
- Monitoring and following up any attendance issues for academy students if required.
- Communicating with students regarding Academy enrolments for the following year.
- Carrying out administration requirements regarding student enrolments and acceptances into the Academy programmes.
- Maintaining spreadsheet records of all student placements, progress and destinations for regular returns required by the Ministry of Education.
The successful applicant must:
- Be a team player;
- Have a pleasant, calm manner with students and staff;
- Have a “can do” attitude;
- Hold a current Drivers Licence;
- Have previous experience in ordering, stocktake and record keeping;
- A knowledge of the building industry would be advantageous.
This is a permanent position which would ideally start at the beginning of Term 4 (17 October 2022), however this date can be negotiated.
Applications close: 4pm on Friday 23rd September 2022.
Hours of Work are 40 per week and is term time only, however flexibility in being able to work extra hours during school holiday breaks would be advantageous.
Please apply in writing including your CV and cover letter to:
Elaine Curtis, Principal’s P.A.
Email: [email protected]